1 hour ago, Kev said:

I think I would be tempted to build a tenon jig for the table saw and then set the blade to the desired angle.

Really looking good!

Yeah I did use the same tenon jig to cut the shoulders. But with the angle I didn’t cross cut the angle on the table saw. 

I’m thinking I might have confused you with the “lot of cuts” comment. What I was referring to was it’s just a lot of parts. With the tenons being offset and angled it is a quite a few different setups. With the parts being 1/2” thick it made for a lot of small short cuts 

• Like 1
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got to work tonight cutting the mortises.  Started with the mortise on the back leg that attaches the side seat rail. Had to make a template to support the back leg. Template has a couple marks o

Did finally get a day away from the real job. Took the wife and kids on a little day trip to a cave and a lookout over the Mississippi River. The leaves around here are about at their prime color so e

We’re back in business! Chisel showed up, not really happy with the quality of it as the points of the chisel are not square to each other. I didn’t notice it right away but after I started

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tmize said:

There is no fast way when doing angled tenons that I have found. Question tho with the angle so sharp on a short tenon is there any problem with short grain? 

Oh great job on hand cutting the shoulder. 

Thanks!

It looks sharper than it is. It’s a 10 degree cut so not sure if it will be an issue. These are actually the first angled tenons that I ever have cut so not to sure on it. Was just happy they fit!

Just now, Tmize said:

10 degrees isn’t bad just looked steeper in the photos. I’ve done them a couple times the angles really make you think about what you are doing. 

Yeah I will agree with that. Definitely a head scratcher. I really haven’t ever played much with m and t. Coming from a cabinet background it’s dados and pocket holes. Furniture is a new challenge for me. I do like it tho!